There are very many benefits of a podcast as a marketing tool. Podcasting is a great way to connect with customers, clients or prospects on a personal level. By giving the listener the opportunity to hear a human voice behind your words, the content becomes more immediate and persuasive. Therefore, podcasts can be a key tool in your digital marketing strategy. With 21% of Americans saying they have listened to at least one podcast in the last month, it’s clear that if your content isn’t there, you are missing out.
So What is a Podcast?
According to Wikipedia, a podcast is “radio on demand”. Each podcast is a pre-recorded audio program, published online and available for download on personal computers or mobile devices to be listened to when the listener wishes. This format has conquered many as one of the most prominent features of a podcast is that listener can subscribe. With RSS, the listener is alerted when a new podcast is available, eliminating the need to implement a new marketing campaign.
A Podcast as a Marketing Tool
As podcasting grows in popularity, some brands have become interested in the value that podcasting can bring to their business. A podcast as a marketing tool allows brands to communicate to a captive audience. With lifestyle on-the-go, the power to have the podcasting on demand allows companies and brands tell their story anywhere at any time, which helps to establish authority in your industry and create advocates brand along the way.
As in other platforms, where you can generate the content determines who will be your target audience. So you focus on the topics that are of interest to them. The duration of the podcast will be determined by the matter that is generated and interaction with the listener. Try out different times and formats to analyze which more successful with your listeners.
Top Tips for Podcasting
- Regular content keeps people connected with your brand. Write guidelines for issues not sound repetitive.
- Link the podcast to your blog or other social channels to increase the reach and participation with your community.
- You can use podcasting to bring about greater engagement with your current and potential customers by providing an email address associated with the podcast where people can respond directly to the content. This will also give you material for new content. In the next episode, you can answer questions or deal with the feedback you received.
- Invite specialists who will bring new content and increase the audience. Search to associate who has the same target audience to create an episode together.
- If you do not have a budget to get started your own Podcast, you can work with existing podcasts. Agree with them to create specific content for the brand. For example, a cookie company hires a comedy podcast known for its target audience to talk about funny stories that each member has with the brand. In this way, listeners develop their relationship with the brand and entertains the audience with funny stories about cookies.
As this format is still little known, few brands seek such partnerships. Therefore, podcast listeners are not saturated with brands that seek to promote their actions. Hence, listeners give more attention to the contents made for companies. This format tends to have a very interesting return on investment for companies interested in marketing online.
This post is an edited version of an original post: http://ecmetrics.com/benefits-podcast-marketing-tool/